Estimating the cost of your home can be difficult. Insuring for Actual Cash Value or Replacement Cost Coverage should be considered. Your agent will be able to help you determine the correct amount of coverage you need.
These factors help determine what it will likely cost to rebuild your home:
- Square footage and local construction costs.
- Exterior wall construction?masonry, frame or veneer.
- Type of roof.
- Style of your home (ranch, colonial, contemporary).
- Number of rooms in your home.
- Special features attached garages, fireplaces, exterior trim, arched or bay windows, etc.
You will also want to check the latest building codes in your community. If your home is severely damaged, you may need to rebuild to comply with local building codes.